The mission of the Territorial Youth Band and Territorial Youth Chorus is to challenge and encourage the development of young Salvationist musicians through musical and spiritual development. These young musicians are mentored by the Territorial Music and Gospel Arts Department, The Chicago Staff Band, and Bill Booth Theater Company.
- For qualified Salvationist instrumentalists and vocalists 13-25 years of age.
- Individuals may audition for either band or chorus but can participate in only one.
- Membership is contingent on:
- Ongoing discipleship to Jesus Christ.
- Active service and upstanding soldiership in corps.
- Faithful participation in corresponding corps music sections (vocal – TYC, instrumental – TYB) where available.
- Demonstrate development of musical skills through audition or placement at Central Music Institute.
- Central Music Institute students who have played in the Wonderland and Citadel Bands or have sung in the Booth Chorale are not required to submit preliminary audition videos with their application.
- CMI students who have not placed in the Wonderland Band, Citadel Band or Booth Chorale are required to submit an audition video with their online application.
- Those who have not attended CMI are required submit audition videos with their online application.
- All audition materials (online application, completed endorsement form and audition video if applicable) must be received by February 1, 2018.
- TYB/TYC members must attend the entire schedule of rehearsals and performances on March 9, at 6:00pm - March 11, at 12:30pm.
Territorial Youth Band & Territorial Youth Chorus Application Procedure
- All Applicants must complete their preliminary application online at http://samusiccentral.submittable.com
- Applicants needing to submit a video audition will attach their audition video to this online application or send a DVD to the Territorial Music and Gospel Arts Department.
- Audition instructions (PDF - Right Click and hit "Save Link As" or hold ALT + click to download):
- All Applicants must print and submit the TYB/TYC Endorsement Form.
- Applicants are required to obtain music leader and corps officer signatures on the TYB/TYC Applicant Endorsement Form.
- Corps officers will forward these forms to the division for processing.
- Divisions will send completed endorsement form to the Territorial Music and Gospel Arts Department by mail or as a pdf document via email to USCMusic@usc.salvationarmy.org
- All online applications, endorsement forms and audition videos (if required) must be received by the Territorial Music and Gospel Arts Department no later than February 1, 2018.
The Salvation Army
Music and Gospel Arts Department
5550 Prairie Stone Parkway
Hoffman Estates, IL 60192
Confirmation will be sent by email.